It can often feel like our teenagers hear the exact opposite message from what we intend. Teens are likewise frustrated that their parents don’t understand them. Jay shares insights that can help you bridge the gap with your teen and enhance true communication. We don’t want to just exchange words, we want to understand and be understood.
Our discussion includes:
- The importance of seeking the Lord in prayer for wisdom and understanding.
- How teens are hypocrisy radars and why this will shut down their ability to hear what you are saying.
- Limiting inputs in their life that are increasing insecurities.
- Learning to be consistent in affirming elements our teens can control.
- The power of paper notes and text emojis.
- An encouragement to give the Lord time to do his work in each of our lives.
If you like this check out the first episode of my Communication And Conflict Series: Know Your Enemy
Support Let’s Parent on Purpose through your Tax Deductible Giving
Join my Things for Thursday Email List and get a free Marriage Snapshot Tool and Fun Family Conversation Ebook!
Connect with Jay: