This is part one of a four part series to help parents and teens improve their communication and reduce conflict. It’s adapted from a parent/teen retreat and includes small group questions you help you process the material as a family. Today’s episode focuses on understanding the spiritual warfare behind many household conflicts and gives you tools for overcoming.
- You have an enemy, and it’s not your family.
- The combat theater is your mind. Satan’s weapon is your flesh, and your weapon is the armor of God.
- The next combat theater is your family. Your family is not the enemy, they are the battle prize. Satan’s weapon is pride and your weapon is grace. Remember, healing grace is a two way street but it starts with one person making the step of faith!
Discussion Questions with your family after listening:
- What was the most important thing you heard in this podcast?
- Is the concept of spiritual warfare in the family new to you?
- What seems to be the greatest battlefield to you right now, your mind or your family? Why?
- Can you see where pride has caused resentment and division in the relationships in your family? In what way?
- Can you think of a practical way that grace could change the tone in your house? How so?
- What do you need to do with what you heard today? When are you going to do it?
- Sign Up for My Things For Thursday Email
- If you like this episode, check out Episode 138 – Spiritual Warfare in the Home