We live in a world that seeks to define women by their bodies or their tasks. They are either commodities to be exploited or pawns in someone’s agenda. As a father, this breaks my heart. As a pastor, I know it’s evil. Our daughters AND sons need a healthy vision of womanhood that is not tied to an ever-changing image of physical beauty. They also need to see how women are unique image-bearers of God far beyond the tasks they do-whether in the home or in the work force. On this podcast I humbly present a definition rooted in God’s word for our ladies to aspire and our men to affirm.
Thank you again to www.lovoso.com for sponsoring today’s podcast. Check out their selection of hand crafted pens, made by young men who have been rescued from poverty and homelessness, now trained in the Gospel and with a job skill. 100% of the profits support orphan and widow care. Use the code “Parenting” to receive 10% off your order!
Tweet ThisBe alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lionlooking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 Click To Tweet Womanhood: Teaching Biblical Identity Part 3 Click To Tweet Grace does not mean you're a doormat. Click To Tweet
- The pressure on females to look perfect in our social media culture
- Changing standards of beauty for women over time
- Why coming up with the definition for womanhood was much more difficult
- The danger of the church trying to define women by their domestic duties
- A simple definition: “You’re a woman. That means God made you graceful to heal others.”
- Rejecting Worldly Identity
- Expecting God’s Greater Reward
- Acting with Strength and Wisdom
- Loving Others Boldly
- Developing the habit of catching your children doing good
1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lionlooking for someone to devour.
Men’s Fraternity by Robert Lewis
Thank you to my Patrons! If you find value in this program, would you consider supporting this podcast for the price of a cup of coffee each week?