Whether you are surviving a middle school lunch room or trying to navigate the adult relationships in your life, there will always be mean people. Based on an excellent sermon on the same topic from Andy Stanley at North Point Church, I walk through insights about getting even vs. giving love. We look at how attempting to get even almost cost David his future kingdom. Finally we consider the following set of questions to help us deal with the mean people in our lives:
- Do you want to be even with someone you don’t even like?
- How much control are you giving this person in your head?
- When this is nothing more than a story to tell, what story do you want to tell?
- What would it look like to return good for for?
- Is Jesus your king… really?
- North Point Church: Mean People and What to do about them
- Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets by Andy Stanley
- Sign up for my Things for Thursday Email: https://tinyurl.com/292kv68y
- Support Let’s Parent on Purpose! https://letsparentonpurpose.com/support/