This is the first of a four part series on building blocks for a healthy marriage. Before getting into communication and conflict techniques, it’s important to remember that a healthy marriage must have a solid foundation. Today I share three vital pillars for every marriage to thrive in a spiritually broken world. As you listen, consider whether your marriage is supported by: 1) a regular, personal spiritual pursuit of Jesus Christ and His will, 2) spiritually connective practices with your spouse, and 3) an accountable and encouraging faith community.
Helpful questions to ask yourself:
- Am I setting aside regular, personal time with Jesus?
- Do I read His word with a heart to see God, know His will, and follow it?
- Do I regularly pray for and with my spouse?
- Does my pursuit of worship, study, and serving enrich my spouse’s walk with Jesus?
- Do I have a spiritual community that encourages me in my walk and calls me to accountability if I am straying or mistreating my spouse?
Sign up for my Things for Thursday Email: https://tinyurl.com/292kv68y
Support Let’s Parent on Purpose! https://letsparentonpurpose.com/support/
Get the Key Psalms to Pray Over Your Kids: www.cpgive.org