Leading your family in intentional study and worship feels so challenging, but it shouldn’t be. Often the problem is that we’ve overcomplicated it. My good friend Shawn Bergen joins me today to share with all of us how he trained me to lead Family Worship in my own household. You’ll be able to listen to this podcast and immediately apply the lessons learned tonight!
You can do this!
Tweet this:Get them a tutor... Find them a coach... Put them under a youth pastor... As a result, your job as a parent became more about driving the minivan and dropping them off to the institutions that train them - @visionaryfam Click To Tweet Failure is never final with the Father Click To Tweet
- Our responsibility as parents is not to change our children, but to give room for the gospel to change them
- How to create the routine and habit of reading scripture and praying with their children
- Why dragging your children to church won’t fix their spiritual issues
- How to introduce Family Worship to your family
- Keeping it simple, appropriate, and interactive based on age and developmental level.
- Resources you can use for your family worship
- How often, how long, and what to do if you fail
- Family worship as a tool to share the gospel with friends and neighbors
Family Worship by Donald S. Whitney (note, I HIGHLY recommend you get this book. It’s short, simple, and profoundly helpful).
The Radical Book for Kids: Exploring the Roots and Shoots of Faith
Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim’s Progress
Thank you for this! Our family committed over the weekend to a family Advent study during the month of December… And by day three we started to feel like a failure. This is a huge encouragement !!
I’m really glad it helped Stacy! Thanks for all of your support, you guys are aweseome!