The speed and intensity of the cultural shift towards affirming every type of sexual attraction and gender identity has left many parents struggling to keep up. Dr. Sean McDowell, a renowned Christian Apologist and author of the new book Chasing Love: Sex, Love, and Relationships in a Confused Culture joins us to help guide moms and dads on how to have grace and truth filled conversations with their children. We discuss the importance of encouraging our kids to trust God, how to gracefully love their LGBTQ friends, and how to respond if our own children are struggling with attractions and identity
Dr. Sean McDowell is a gifted communicator with a passion for equipping the church, and in particular young people, to make the case for the Christian faith. Sean is the author and co-author of over twenty books including his newest one, Chasing Love: Sex, Love, and Relationships in a Confused Culture. Sean is an Associate Professor in the Christian Apologetics program at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. He and his wife Stephanie have three children.
- Website: www.seanmcdowell.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sean_McDowell
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Seanmcdowell76
- Book: Chasing Love: Sex, Love, and Relationships in a Confused Culture
- Book: Evidence that Demands a Verdict: Life-Changing Truth for a Skeptical World
- Book: Critical Conversations: A Christian Parent’s Guide to Discussing Homosexuality with Teens
- Book: Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters
- Blog: New California Health Standards Lack Diversity, Inclusion, and Openness
If you find this podcast helpful, you can subscribe and click here to find past topics and free resources. Feel free to share with others, as well! If you would like to help support Let’s Parent on Purpose, you can do so by becoming a patron.
I send a weekly email called “Things for Thursday” and it includes things I’ve found helpful related to parenting, marriage, and sometimes just things I find funny! You can sign up for “Things for Thursday” by joining my newsletter on my homepage.
Thank you for your continued support of this podcast. If you have a prayer request or if you have a topic suggestion or question, please contact me at my email.